Monday, April 5, 2010

eating the elephant one bite at a time

So it's April. Spring is here, warm weather is here, Little 500 is coming up and the end of school is approaching. It's almost the best time of the year. Except every professor schedules big final projects and papers around this time and mine are no exception.
Before the end of the month, I have to write a1000 word story, complete with interviews, photos and audio clips for a journalism class, read a book and write a final paper for 158, write a 12-14 pg paper (or find some other way to do the project but I'm not creative so I'm not sure how that will happen) about careers in sports journalism, and study for a final in another sports journalism class.
What I've learned in the past few months is that if I focus on everything at one time, I'll freak out and probably just give up. So what I am doing now is focusing on one thing at a time and getting as much of it done before I start another assignment. It's still stressful, but I think I'll fair better than freaking out on everything at once.
Good luck to anyone else who has a lot to do before the end of the semester. Let's try not to get overwhelmed!

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I could hook you up with a sweet 'My Life as a Jedi Story.' You could interview me, take pictures of me with a lightsaber, and record an audio clip of me saying, "May the force be with you!" Problem Solved.

    But, yeah... Good luck with everything. I'm sure if you approach it slowly like you mentioned it'll turn out alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking it one thing, one day at a time . . . a wise approach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahaha that's a good idea Matt!! I'll keep that in mind!

    ReplyDelete