Sunday, March 7, 2010

Slow death...

This time last month, during the Super Bowl actually, I was coughing up a lung and using entire kleenex boxes in the span of a day. After two weeks I thought I was over it. Wrong. Now that I have a million things to do before spring break, I am right back to coughing up my lungs. So today I'd had enough. I planned to get up early this morning, get to the Immediate Care Center, get some antibiotics and finally get healthy. Sounds reasonably easy right? Of course not. As I walked in, I realized there was not a single seat left in the waiting room and it was only 11 am. Checking in was an issue since my wallet had been stolen and I no longer had my insurance card. After my mother faxed over the insurance information, I finally finished checking in and the nurse suggested I wait out in my car since the waiting room was so full. Waiting in the car wasn't such an issue as I originally thought it would be since it was so nice out today. However, an hour and a half sitting in the car is a little too much. Finally I was seen by the doctor and was told I had an upper respitory infection. He wrote me prescriptions for antibiotics and I was promptly on my way to Walgreens to get them filled. This whole ordeal ended at roughly 3:00. It's 12:31 am right now and I'm awake because I still can't stop coughing. So yes, this entire blog was one giant rant about how I don't feel well, went to the doctor which turned out to be an all day adventure, and I still don't feel well. Sometimes, especially when you're sick, you just have to rant. Bring on the Nyquil!

3 comments:

  1. That sounds horrible. :( I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. POOR Megan. Don't worry- Spring Break is COMING!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW that sounds horrible, im sorry you had to deal with all of that! hopefully youll feel better soon and spring break is coming up so youll be able to relax and have fun!

    ReplyDelete